Have some leftover orange peel? Don’t throw it away because you can use it for this. We had no idea this could be done with orange peel. Oranges are packed with vitamins and taste delicious! Everyone knows that oranges are high in vitamin C and also help you get enough folic acid. It’s a fantastic piece of fruit.
But did you know you can make something really enjoyable out of the leftover peel ?
You can make something really cute out of oranges if you peel them in such a way that you end up with two equal halves of peel. It is possible to make your own scented candles. The two orange peel scraps serve as miniature bowls. It’s a less expensive alternative to buying a variety of expensive scented candles. Furthermore, it is a simple and enjoyable DIY project that will leave your home smelling wonderful.
What do you need?
- 2 halves of orange peel
- 2 large tea lights
- a saucepan
This is how you do it
- Peel the orange so that you end up with two halves of peel.
- Remove the tea light’s aluminium foil and then the wick through the candle’s bottom.
- Tea light wax should be melted.
- Place the wick from the tea light in the centre of the orange peel bowl.
- Pour the molten wax into the bowl with care, making sure the wick stays in the centre.
- Allow the wax to dry completely. Light the wick and enjoy the delightful citrus aroma in your home.