Eating while seated on the floor has many positive health effects. Regular meals should be consumed while seated on the floor for proper body alignment and improved digestion. Additionally, according to Ayurveda, eating should be done while seated properly.
As stated by Ayurveda, our gut functions better when we take food into our mouths by bending forward, according to WellandGood.
In addition to this, it aids in maintaining good blood circulation, maintaining strong muscles, and maintaining proper body posture. Let’s investigate the advantages of eating while seated on the ground.
- When you eat while seated on the ground, you must continually bend forward, which helps the body’s blood circulation. The heart has to exert less effort to pump blood as a result.
- The lower part of the spine is compressed while eating while seated on the ground, and these muscles also get stronger. This allows the body to rest.
- We must stoop to the floor to eat, bending our knees. The best knee exercise is this one. Joint pain is also relieved by sitting in this way.
- Even for people with heart conditions, eating while seated on the ground is regarded as healthy. Eating while seated on the ground does not pose any health risks because easy blood flow to the heart prevents any issues.
- Eating while seated on the ground can easily stretch the hip flexors, whereas eating while seated on a chair can result in tight, powerful hips.